- Easy to learn with no-fail technique for independent use
- Ergonomic design, fits comfortably in the hand.
- Can be used in upright position or orientation
- Quiet and portable device
- Shorter treatment times than traditional chest psychiotherapy
- At least as effective as manual chest physiotherapy
- Durable desing is easy to clean/disinfect
- Dishwasher safe
Oscillating Positive Expiratory Pressure (Oscillating PEP) devices are small and portable, and are designed to help mobilize and clear mucus from the airways. When the patient exhales through the device, a one-way valve creates intermittent resistance. The resistance holds the airways open while gentle vibrations help shake the mucus loose. The vibration (or oscillation) helps to thin, dislodge and move mucus to the central or upper airways where it can be coughed out. Oscillating PEP treatments may also be combined with small volume nebulizer therapy. When used with the AEROECLIPSE Breath Actuated Nebulizer, patients receive the added benefit of having a nebulizer which creates aerosol only on inhalation. This ensures that no aerosol is lost during the long exhalation efforts required for Oscillating PEP therapy, and has been shown to have aerosol delivery substantially equivalent to using the nebulizer alone.