PEP/RMT set - WELLSPECT
- Mucoviscidose, Chronische bronchitis, Astma en COPD
- PEP (Positive Expiratory Pressure)
- RMT (Respiratory Muscle Training)
- Available in 4 sizes and nozzle
- Using manometer to choose the correct PEP and IMT resistance
- Simple to use and adjust for patients and health care professionals alike
- Multiple scaling options allows you to adjust parameters as patient condition changes
- Quick set-up and breakdown
- Documented effectiveness
Pep/Rmt is a simple, easy-to-use training kit designed to improve patient respiratory performance. Choosing from a combination of masks, resistors and other options, you can configure a respiratory training or symptom-minimising tool that can be used in the clinic or at home. PEP/RMT can be tailored for four specific therapies covering the full range of patient categories.
PEP to normalise reduced lung volumes. PEP can be used to normalise reduced lung volumes which can occur as a result of immobilisation, anaesthesia/surgery and neurological diseases.
IMT can be used to excercise strength and endurance in the inspiratory muscles in patient groups with impaired muscle function, as in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and various neurological diseases. It is also used to lower the risk op postoperative lung complications in patients undergoing heart surgery and for athletes to increase performance.